Right. Don’t sound like it. (x)
When he was 2 years old, he fell out of a second story window and fractured his skull
When he was 6 years old, he mistakenly drank boric acid.
When he was 9 years old, he fell over a small cliff and broke his leg.
When he was 11 years old, he contracted measles and was in a coma for nine days.
When he was 14 years old, he broke his arm when he caught it in a carriage door.
When he was 19 years old, he was struck on the head by a falling brick.
When he was 23 years old, he almost died from the effects of tainted wine.
When he was 29 years old, Adolph Sax invented the saxophone.
clearly someone didn’t want that saxophone invented
THIS NEEDS TO BE A 300-PAGE SCI-FI NOVEL BECAUSE I WOULD READ THE HELL OUTTA THAT
A Great Big World - Already Home (Starring Darren Criss & Jessica Szohr)
You know, in case you haven’t already died from watching this video ten million times.
Darren is so damn appealing. It’s insane.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
im pretty sure the person made the picture as a joke just to get a reaction and you guys really supplied them with one hell of one omg bless it
On my tombstone please write “Not appreciating my puns when I was alive was a grave mistake”
I’ve always known about fanfic, I used to write Duran Duran Mary Sue fic way back in the day (LOL), but the first time I went actively looking for it was when I was impatient for something to happen on screen that just wasn’t happening. I remember thinking “Oh hey! We have the internet now! I bet there’s someone else out there who feels like I do and maybe has written about it!” and I was right! But right now I’m seeing SO MANY PEOPLE freak out and I guess I can understand it, but like you said, this is all icing for me. Mmmm, tasty tasty Klaine icing!
So here’s the thing: I’ve had quite a few OTP’s before Klaine (does that negate them as ONE true pairing?), and maybe one of them was actually canon. And totally not endgame. So I’m completely used to relying on fanfiction and my own headcanon to get through rough times and dry patches and well, just the regular show, actually.
When I see people freaking out over Klaine, that they’re going to break up again, or that they’re behaving unrealistically, or simply not the way the fans want them to behave, I just sort of shrug. I’m getting to see them, on my screen, together, as a couple, KISSING even, and every single scrap of that we get, I’m thrilled with.
I don’t write fanfiction, I’m too ADD to manage to ever finish anything and everything I ever seem to want to read already gets written. But I read it. A LOT of it. And to be honest, it solves a lot.
We can’t control what happens on our screen. One half of our OTP might dissolve in a blaze of fire; they might end up happily engaged to some wimpy doctor we liked in another show but not so much in this one; they might finish filming their epics and go their separate ways; or they might even take a sled into the sunset. But no matter what, we have fanfiction.
And if you’re not finding what you want to happen, write it.
Every time I watch Klaine on my TV I’m thrilled with the little bit more we get. I might not like it, but I’m thrilled that we get it.
I’ve watched Glee since the pilot, (stuck in a hotel room, bored, in another city while my dad had surgery). I will watch it until the last episode. And after the last episode? There will continue to be fanfic. And when even the fanfic trickles off, I will find another OTP, another pairing that I will love and will fit into my fannish heart along with all the others.